Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hope It Gives You Hell (But Not Too Much)

130 days
53 minutes

Running in the morning has really given me an extra bit of motivation. Part of it is because I am amazed I am waking up so early. I think the other part is that I am forced to keep running, if I stop I wont make it to work on time, etc. I am usually sleep running for the first half and praying I don't become a victim on "I Survived" when it's still dark and quiet right before 6 am.

The other morning I sent a text with a picture of me to my friend Emili. She lives in Brooklyn and beause of the time difference I figured she would be awake. Just wanted someone to know what I was wearing just in case. You can call me paranoid but the last thing I want is that creepy guy from "Unsolved Mysteries" to explain how I was a nice guy that went for a run and never came back...

Last week when I was on a morning run a song came on that really got my legs moving. "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects...

I picked up my pace a bit and just let out some frustration...stuff I didn't know I was even frustrated about. My head just went and my body went with it. It was nice. It felt good to think about people I would dedicate this song to on open mic night at the trashy bar down the street.

I guess I should confess something at this point. I was actually listening to the Glee cover of All American Rejects' "Gives You Hell". I felt that provoked just the right amount of anger without getting completely pissed and end up 'roiding on someone, after all it wasn't even 7 am yet.

Sometimes it nice to let it out...but I definitely recommend letting it out Glee style if most of the world hasn't even gotten out of bed...

Three Songs That Make My Runs More Reale:

"Gives You Hell" All American Rejects (Glee version)

"It's My Life/Confessions" Bon Jovi/Usher (Glee version)

"Take a Bow" Rihanna (Glee version)


-Reale

No comments:

Post a Comment