Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tomorrow Is Another Day, Another Run...

203 days
45 minutes on a treadmill


I didn't run yesterday...instead I feasted on pizza and beer. Snow on the first day of spring in Texas has thrown many people off including myself. It is so much easier for me to want to run when it is pretty outside. That is what I love about running, it ain't easy. You must force yourself to push the limits of where you feel comfortable just by simply lacing up those shoes and lubing up those nips with anti-chaffing protection, day after day. Like I said, it ain't easy. But I promise, I would rather run outside any day of the week than have to run on a treadmill like I did today. Boring, repetitive, and surrounded by people who look like they belong on the cover of health magazines or PSA's for the dangers of steroids. That is how I feel about the gym. At this point, the most important thing for me to keep in mind is that I have alot of work ahead of me. I need to log many miles and build my strength and stamina before I even think about Chicago 10.10.10. I cannot let inclement weather talk me out of working towards my goal. If this means becoming "hamster-like" for 45 minutes and making awkward eye contact with the women that could crush me with their adam's apples, so be it. Not my best run and definitely not my preferred forum, but I did it and thankfully tomorrow is another day. Another chance to push myself towards my goal and be better than I was today.

Three Songs That Made My Run More Reale:
"Run This Town" Jay-Z, Rihanna, & Kanye West
"Hate This Part Right Here" The Pussycat Dolls
"Mr. Brightside" The Killers

2 comments:

  1. so excited that...
    you have a blog.
    you are running a marathon.
    nice weather is back.
    you like mr. brightside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will need your advice on...
    blogging.
    race day tips.
    SPF.
    running tunes.

    ReplyDelete