Thursday, March 18, 2010

We All Start Somewhere...

206 days
40 minutes


I started my run today very cold. Should have gone with a long sleeve. But then the desperate housewives wouldn't have been able to see my bulging biceps, and why would I want to deny them that? I realized as I was running that I was thinking in "blogging" terms. It was super artificial and I realized that I need to stay focused on the initial intent of this journal. After that I was able to let my mind go and have a really good run. I slowed my pace a little more and that was good because I was feeling really strong towards the end and was able to run for a little longer. As I am getting back into it I decided to run by time for a bit. I become overly obsessed about things and I know at this point, if I run with my Garmin and I see my pace, calories burned, and mileage I might get discouraged. It is hard to not beat myself up. Last spring I was in the best shape of my life. I was running 8 miles a day 5-6 days a week. I was running fast. I was the guy passing people, and don't think my ego did not benefit from that every time some Dallas d-bag was passed by this 'mo. I never felt more connected to my body. As this guy passed me today my initial thought was pick up the pace J. Funny how that animal instinct kicks in because for a split second I had a vision of tripping him as he ran by and then trampling over him as I kept going. I need to remember that we all start somewhere. I remember when I graduated from college and moved to Arlington. My running trail was around the ballpark. What an exciting day it was when I was able to run 10 minutes straight. We all start somewhere, and the starting line is just as important as the finish line.Note to Self: Remember that the next time you get passed OR pass someone.

Three Songs That Made My Run More Reale:
"Bring Me To Life" Evanescence
"Whataya Want From Me" Adam Lambert
"Rude Boy (Sam99889's Radio Mix)" Rihanna

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. Very proud.

    I am sorry that I can't run it with you... and by 'it' I mean the marathon.

    But I will be there to cheer you on!

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise me you will do a toe touch...

    ReplyDelete